Remodeling a Kitchen Step By Step
Kitchen is an important part of your home. You prepare meals here, so it must be clean and safe. Also, you spend a lot of time there. Remodeling a kitchen isn’t easy, because there are many appliances, gadgets, cabinets and other things. In order to spend as less money as possible and maximize your efficiency, you will have to follow these steps. Skipping a step isn’t a good idea. Eventually you will have to do it, and it will cost you more.
1. The first step is to remove old stuff from the kitchen. Be careful with things you will reuse. Try not to damage or break them. This process is easy to do, so you don’t need a professional. Because you can do it yourself, you can save money.
2. Electrical changes, framing and plumbing are the next step. You cannot do this yourself, so it is a wise decision to hire a professional. If you do it yourself, and you make a mistake, it will be expensive to fix it.
3. You will have to apply the primer coat to the walls. This is also a step you can do by yourself.
4. Install doors, windows and cabinets. Door and windows should be installed by a professional. On the other side, you can install cabinets by yourself. It is simple and you don’t need a lot of time.
5. Install the sink, faucet and countertops.
6. Install appliances. They are one of the most important things in the kitchen. Try to place them so you maximize your efficiency while working.
7. Install light fixtures.
8. Install the new floor. Don’t install the floor before you are done with the cabinets.