Professional advices for exterior painting
If you want to upgrade your home, paint is probably the mandatory option. Because it is easy, many people decide to do this without a professional. This is a good thing, because you can save money and make another upgrade. However, painting can be a real disaster if you don’t know what you are doing. In order to avoid this, you need advices. Luckily, many professionals accepted to share several advices with you.
1. The first and mandatory thing you will have to do is to protect the surroundings. For example, if you want to paint a front door or exterior staircase, and you do not protect the area around the thing you will paint, you will ruin it. It is hard to remove paint, so you will need a lot of time or a professional.
2. Cleaning the exterior and preparation are equally important. If you make a mistake here, your work may be ruined. This step also requires the most time. So, do not rush. Do this slowly and carefully.
3. Protect yourself. We all know some guy that doesn’t wear protecting equipment when he paint, but you should be smarter. Paints and chemicals used for painting are toxic. So, you should always protect yourself from them.
4. Pay attention to the weather. In order to paint something, you need sun. If there is rainy weather, avoid exterior painting or it will ruin your work. Depending on the area you will paint, you need between 1 and 7 warm days. Also, when the temperature is low, you shouldn’t paint.
5. If you want to paint bigger surfaces, always start from the top and go to the bottom.